That Thing Counselors

Choose Your Group Type

There are 2 different styles of volunteer opportunities at That Thing.


Group Lodge Volunteer

The Group Lodges • A church books a lodge and is registering their campers through the church. Adults are required to lead and supervise the cabin using a 2:20 ratio. Those adults are recruited and chosen by the church responsible for the lodge.

If you are coming with a church that has purchased group tickets to That Thing, you will still need to complete a background check and health form with Impact 2818 (available in March).

All other details pertaining to your experience will be provided to you by the church leader who is responsible for the lodge in which you are staying.

All volunteers onsite are background checked for the safety of our students. 


Campus House Volunteer

The Campus House • For students who have purchased an Individual Ticket where no single church is responsible for the lodge; instead, Epworth leads the lodge. Adult leaders from any student’s church are welcome to apply, but not required. You must apply to join the counseling team.

If you are a church leader who is sending students to That Thing using Individual Tickets or you are an individual who desires to share your service and time as a counselor at That Thing, please help us serve these campers well!

Please complete this form to begin the process. Volunteers will then need to complete a Counselor Application so we can get to know you and help to place you in the best spot possible. Filling out this form does not guarantee a volunteer spot.

All volunteers onsite are background checked for the safety of our students. 

Join the Campus House Counseling Team

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.